mgs

Re: SU air filter: K&Ns and stub stacks

To: proot@iaces.com
Subject: Re: SU air filter: K&Ns and stub stacks
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 09:41:23 EDT
In a message dated 9/11/03 9:28:07 AM, proot@iaces.com writes:

<< A question I have on the tapered K&N filters. Do those fit on RRB
converted cars, without shimming the engine mounts?  >>

Paul,

That Grassroots MGB effort used the conical K&Ns precisely because they did
fit into the later MGB with brake booster.  Although I didn't have that issue
in my '72, I ordered them anyway, in part because I didn't want to mess with
the formula they had tested out.  Performance is good, and now I have more
clearance to do stuff under the filters without removing them.  Look good, too.

Sorta racey.

Jay Donoghue
72 B-GT
66 Mustang