mgs

Re: MGB 8 Track player

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB 8 Track player
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 20:56:39 -0700 (PDT)
WSpohn4@aol.com SEZ -
> The Audiovox 8 tracks were used in all sorts of cars as dealer installed
> options, with or without factory part numbers. I've even seen them in Lambos.
>
> The Jensens seemed to have a connection with Learjet, for some reason. Good
> FM stages in them, mind you.

Learjat owned the patent to the 8-track system.  The system was
originally designed for use in business jets.  For a while in the
early 60s it was called the "Learjet Stereo-8" system, to
differentiate it from the Muntz 4-track system based on the
Fidelipak broadcast cartridge.

--
David Breneman                     | "Far and away the best prize that
Distributed Systems S/W Analyst    |  life offers is the chance to