mgs

Re: MGB Front Springs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB Front Springs
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 10:03:08 EDT
In a message dated 8/21/03 4:38:56 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> Typical price of new MGB front springs in the UK is 12 quid plus VAT
> (each).
> Lowering springs (1") are typically 16 quid.  You chaps are getting ripped
> off somewhat.

Maybe, or maybe not. The wholesale price for winding custom springs is about
$100 US each up in Canada - I went through a couple of sets before finally
gettings a set-up I was happy with on my old Lamborghini.

If you have them made up in large batches, the price comes down considerably,
which is why Moss can sell them for $60 each.

If you have the same thing in Blighty for $30, I'd say there must be a large
store of existing springs kicking about, or maybe there's a lot of Nuffield
tractors going without spares;-)

I doubt the wage rate is half over there, but in any case by the time you pay
shipping, you'd probably break even.

Bill