mgs

Re: LEERT quick 1st draft design

To: Stephen West-Fisher <steve@coastaldatasystems.com>
Subject: Re: LEERT quick 1st draft design
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 09:18:36 -0400
You're both right or wrong :)

There's both additive and subtractive methods of displaying color (light
vs. printing).  In additive, Red Green and Blue are combined.  The presence
of all three in full equal measure would give you white.  The absence of
them would give you black.  This is what you most likely learned in school
with the color wheel.

In subtractive, used for printing, cyan, magenta, and yellow are the
colors.  The presence of all three in full measure would give you something
close to black (actually it's an off-black, so a literal black ink is often
used).  The absence of all three would give you nothing (white, if you were
printing on white); basically no additional color/ink.

So you can both claim correctness. :)