mgs

Re: Oh, No! Its the Lucas Legal Team, run.....

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oh, No! Its the Lucas Legal Team, run.....
From: Eric <eric@internode.com.au>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 12:49:35 +0930
On Tuesday, Aug 19, 2003, at 11:23 Australia/Adelaide, Richard
Rivenbark wrote:

> "I have found people who are blithely unaware that 90% of the music
> they
> have downloaded and burnt onto CD has meant they have broken copyright
> laws hundreds of times.  I am tired of trying to stop them but at least
> now they can't say they weren't aware they were breaking the law."
>
> As I understand it, it is not illegal to download music, it is only
> illegal
> to distribute it.
> Tad

This is what I meant - and now you know (it is essentially, in physical
property terms, either stealing or receiving stolen goods - or at least
handling.  The fact that you have something for free that you should
pay for is the biggest indicator :-)

Eric
'68 MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia