mgs

modifying exhaust guide boss

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: modifying exhaust guide boss
From: Wetmgs@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 20:37:15 EDT
  I am trying to follow Peter Burgess's book, How To Power Tune M G B, and
need clarification on one point. When measuring how far to grind the exhaust
guide boss,from the top of the head, does the top of the head refer to the
point
where the rocker cover gasket sets or where the valve spring sets? I think its
the cover gasket  but dont want to grind too far if I'm wrong. Don't know if
it matters but this is an 18V motor and a 12H2923  AFIH casting head. If you
have the book, look at the diagram on pg. 29. It would be greatly appreciated
if anyone out there could ease my mind with an answer.

   Marc Derenzy
   74B