mgs

Re: Engine dying...update 2

To: "Phillip Erikson" <perikson2@earthlink.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine dying...update 2
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 09:41:20 +0100
If there is a momentary bit of dirt this can wedge in the slightly open
float valve and stop it closing, hence the fuel pouring out of the overflow.
Shutting off the pump and emptying the bowls by running the engine till it
dies, then reconnecting the pump, is a good way of shifting any debris, the
valves are now wide open and the fuel rushing through far quicker than in
normal driving.  But if it happens again you may have dirty fuel which
fitting/replacing a filter may help, and if it happens again immediately
then either the float valve needs replacing or possibly the float has some
fuel in it and needs replacing.