mgs

Twincam Midget

To: The MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Twincam Midget
From: "Brinkman, Gerardo V" <GB127167@teradata-ncr.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 10:39:28 -0400
Apparantly the car has a good body and someone has installed a
twincam toyota motor and tranny in it. It even has the engine
management computer. A hundredmumble horsepower Midget does
sound like a lot of fun though, so I thought I'd pass it on in case
any of you hotrodders have too much time and money and too few cars to
work

These engine are phenomenal and I think a natural fit into a Midget. Small
,compact, lightweight, rev-happy and exceptionally tunable.
I am surprised that more people haven't done this conversion. I was
thinking about it about 8 or 9 years ago but at the time the engines were
fairly rare and hard to find (at least in the RWD Toyotas). I have seen a
Midget locally with this conversion and it does make it very "lively" !!!!

I've seen a few RWD Toyota rally cars here in the NE and they really
scream. Short of heresy - It is a worthwhile conversion over the
A-series/Triumph engine

Gerry