mgs

Re: SU adjustment

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "David Councill" <dcouncil@imt.net>
Subject: Re: SU adjustment
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 23:13:45 -0500
David,  et al,
Thanks for your responses. I haven't gotten to David's suggestions about
checking float bowls, but the pistons do move freely and the jets are
seating properly. As several have asked: Yes, I have been adjusting the
opening on the Unisync. Now when I put the Unisync on the back carb the idle
stays about the same and the ball on the UniSync rises to about midway in
the glass tube-where it's supposed to be. But when I attempt to put the
UniSync on the front carb the idle rises very rapidly to 3-4000 RPM (it
seems I read somewhere that this means the carb is too lean). I've loosend
the linkage between the chokes and tried to enrichen the front carb by 4 or
5 flats and it still causes the idle to go way up when the Unisync is
applied.
What next?
Thanks,
Monte