mgs

Re: making door speakers water-resistant... a pipe dream?

To: "Kevin Shertz" <kshertz@bellatlantic.net>
Subject: Re: making door speakers water-resistant... a pipe dream?
From: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 22:09:32 -0000
The company I work for used to make OEM car speakers. One of the test they
had to pass was submersion in water for a week. A true automotive speaker
should tolerate moisture with no damage. I always chuckle when I see a set
of home Hi-Fi speakers installed in a van. They don't last long, even the
cabinets fall apart eventually. The automotive environment is very hostile,
even inside a sedan.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@insightbb.com
52 MGTD - NEMGTR #11470