mgs

Re: removing headlight trim

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: removing headlight trim
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 17:24:11 -0800
You just have to pry them off. They seem to be held on by a little
springy thing, and force of habit. if you are worried about chipping
the paint when prying (prising?) them off with a screwdriver or
whatever, don't worry, it's inevitable. Or you could try putting a
shoprag between the screwdriver/prybar and the body work when prying.

Alternatively, you could go in from the back, in the fender well, chip
the mud of the studs that pass through the bodywork, and remove the
whole assembly from the back. Mind you, you'll probably trash at least
one of the mounting studs in the process, requiring you to replace the
whole assemebly.

  HTH  :)

--
I've found something worse than oldies station that play the music I used to
listen to. Oldies stations that play the "new" music I used to complain about.