mgs

RE: Shock Link Replacement

To: "'Dan DiBiase'" <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Shock Link Replacement
From: "Larry Hoy" <list@marketvalue.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 21:56:14 -0600
Dan this is the 3/4" nut isn't it?

Soaking is good, and what I've done in the past is use long nose vice
grips to hold the 'rod' from moving while I turn the nut.

By the way, save yourself some grief in the future (don't become your
own DPO).  Use liberal amounts of anti-seize on all nuts and bolts.  I
just took the same nut you are talking about off my car yesterday.  I
didn't need the vise grips, just a wrench.  But when I assembled it
previously I used anti-seize.

Unfortunately the heat may have damaged the rubber.  Someday you'll be
writing this list asking about a strange clunking sound from the rear of
your car....

Larry Hoy