mgs

Re: oil pressure guage now coolant

To: jamesnazarian@netzero.net
Subject: Re: oil pressure guage now coolant
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 14:59:33 -0400
James,
   Yep, your gauge is not giving you the information you want.
   I don't know, though perhaps someone does, if the temp gauge can be
adjusted as the fuel gauge can be.
  Other ideas--have you experimented with another sending unit?   Is the
fuel gauge working more-or-less OK-----wondering if the voltage
stabiliser is giving incorrect output and skewing the reading of the temp
gauge?
  My understanding of the electrical gauge is that the resistance of the
sending unit is greatest when temp is lowest.  If that's true, that would
confirm your suspicion of the wiring being part of the problem.
Bob

On Tue, 21 May 2002 22:35:26 -0600 "james" <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>
writes:
> My gripe is that the engine boils over when the needle is just
> touching the N, typically it runs a bit more than half way from C to N.
 I would