mgs

Re: OD Wireing

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: OD Wireing
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 13:40:36 -0700
Hmm, I'm thinking the lockout switch is on the left side, and the backup
light switch is on the right (this on the later 4-synchro, 4th-gear-only
OD). BTW I believe the Moss catalog has these switches identified
incorrectly, if you're using that for reference (it doesn't matter for their
purpose since the switches are the same part). Think about the gearshift
positions -- reverse is to the extreme left, at which point that switch
would be disengaged. 4th is to the right, which disengages the lefthand
switch. These switches are peculiar in that when the button is depressed,
they're OFF, and when it's released, they're ON.

My wire run goes from dash switch, to lockout switch, to solenoid. But it's
completely non-original (car did not have OD from factory), so keep that in
mind. But it does work.

--

Max Heim