mgs

RE: my 68 B....Clutch pedal barely returns???

To: "'Greyson Crowe'" <nismoracerxe@icqmail.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: my 68 B....Clutch pedal barely returns???
From: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 12:10:57 -0500
> Well I'll pull the hose tomarrow.  Is this somthing I need to
> get specifically for my B or can I get another hose?  I was
> told to use regular Castrol Brake fluid for the clutch
> cylinder.  I'll pull the hose tomarrow...any tips or special
> procedures?

Well, since you wrote this on the 10th, you would have either:

a)  gotten the hose out

or

b)  are still coming up with new and creative expletives as you try to free
the hose from where it hooks up to the solid line.

I did this job a couple of months ago on my '79 B, and boy is it a bitch.  A
set of flare wrenches is an absolute must, and getting the engine out of the
way wouldn't hurt... :)