mgs

Re[2]: Gasolene

To: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Subject: Re[2]: Gasolene
From: Bill Gilroy <w.gilroy@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 23:52:54 -0400
Hello Max,

MH> Despite anecdotal reports, I have always refused to believe that there is
MH> any significant difference in major brand gasolines of the same octane
MH> level. The science is pretty much public knowledge -- there are no "secret"
MH> ingredients -- and they all provide specific formulations for different
MH> regions based on climate, altitude, etc. IMHO...

I tend to agree.  All, except one, of my cars run fine on regular from
any different station.  The one car is a 1989 Nissan Sentra.  When that
car hit 180K I could no longer run Exxon regular since it would cause
the car to ping.  All other regulars ran just fine in that Sentra.
The engine finally crapped out at about 240K miles when I lost an oil
seal at highway speeds.

All my other cars will run fine on Exxon regular.  I am not sure why
that Sentra would not run on Exxon regular but it did just great on
Mobil regular.  I would have to say that most of the gases are very
close but with some small differences.

--
Best regards,
 Bill                            mailto:w.gilroy@verizon.net