mgs

RE: Gasoline / Octane

To: "'Bob D.'" <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Gasoline / Octane
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 07:56:35 -0600
Bob, You are right, the number of cylinders has nothing to do with
octane requirements; but, I can't see any reason why a car running 8.8:1
compression ratio can't use regular gasoline.  The bottom line is if it
pings or pinks when you are driving either tune it, or increase the
grade of your gasoline.  There is no advantage of running premium gas if
it is not needed.

Larry Hoy