mgs

Re: Carb question, grinding into third

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carb question, grinding into third
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 17:38:54 -0700
Thanks to everyone for the replies on my mysterious loosening dashpot
dampers.  I technically didn't ask a question but it looks like I don't
need to.

I'm hesitant to score the threads but I do have one spare dashpot so if
necessary I may give it a try. Or the non-destructive radiator clamp method
Paul suggested. However, changing the oil to a lighter 5W-30 and removing
the gaskets so I could screw the dampers in a bit deeper may have fixed or
alleviated the problem.

The dampers did not pop out today under the same driving conditions and
weather as yesterday when the front one loosened twice. So it looks promissing.

David
67 BGT
72 B in early rebuild

///