mgs

RE: Safety Fast

To: "Rocky Frisco" <rock@rocky-frisco.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Safety Fast
From: "Jerry Erbesfield" <jerbesfield@mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 19:09:00 -0500
Rocky Frisco wrote:

>A friend of mine swears this is true, that it happened to a mate of
his.

>Cop pulls over MGBGT with two young lads in it; they had been doing
>about 10% over the speed limit, so knew it was a close call. As the
>officer approaches the driver's door, the driver rolls the window
>down and says quietly, "These are not the 'droids you are looking
>for."

>Turned out the policeman must have been a big Star Wars fan with an
>active sense of humour, since he says, "These are not the 'droids I
>am looking for," and goes back and gets in his cruiser and drives
>away.

I NEVER have good luck such as that. They usually throw the book at me. I
haven't had a ticket in several years now - but that's only because I've
slowed way down so they'd leave me alone!!  That's one of the reasons I
bought a B rather than a muscle car in the first place, to not be so
tempted.

Hell, with the kind of luck that I've had with cops and traffic tickets, the
cop probably would arrest me and take me away for drug testing if I tried
something like that! And with my luck, the test would mistakenly show
positive somehow!!!!

I just stay away from them now!

-Jerry Erbesfield
73 B Black Beauty roadster