mgs

RE: One Begets Another....

Subject: RE: One Begets Another....
From: "Mark Dawson" <torchbone@bright.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 09:07:25 -0500
> - It would be fun to have one of each; GT and a roadster?
> - I've never driven a top-down car?

These two reasons, if nothing else, are more than enough to pounce on this
opportunity! I never understood convertibles, as a kid, probably because Dad
poisoned me against them. They leak, they aren't safe (he just didn't want
me getting one when I turned 16). Well, he was right, of course, but once I
discovered the freedom of driving with the top down, there's no turning
back.

I understand now very well what a Gold Wing motorcyclist once told me: when
you drive a car, you look at life through a frame, like a TV. You're inside,
and insulated. When you drive a motorcycle, you're *in* life, it passes all
around you.

And an MGB is just a motorcycle with a couple of very useful extra wheels.
:-)

I have a roadster, and I was looking for a GT for cruddy days. One of each,
makes perfect sense to me. And you already know most of the things about the
car, where to get parts, etc.

-Mark
'75 MGB
'71 Bug
'71 Saab 95

PS. Nevermind that I got a Bug instead. :-)  I rationalised it as a) I've
always wanted one, and b) new challenges keep life interesting.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///