mgs

Re: It sure smokes, but it does runs....

To: "Patton Dickson" <kpdii@softhome.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: It sure smokes, but it does runs....
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 11:48:17 -0000
Oil pressure sounds fine as far as it goes, but it depends on how hot it
got.

If the ignition warning light comes on when you turn on the ignition, goes
out when revved over 1000 rpm, then briefly glows again as you switch off
then the alt is almost certainly charging correctly.  With the engine
running at a fast-idle (about 1500rpm) you should see about 14.5v on the
brown, white, purple and green at the fuse-block.