mgs

Re: Wrong oil in gear box

To: jschelli1@shaw.ca
Subject: Re: Wrong oil in gear box
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 08:08:46 -0500
Adam,
  The ATF in my fleet is red colored. This straw-colored stuff might be
synthetic oil. Does anyone know how to identify it?
  Some gearbox manufacturers recommend ATF for their manual gearboxes. A
220SB Mercedes I had years back used it.
Bob

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001 23:25:31 -0800 Charlie & Jennifer Schellinck
<jschelli1@shaw.ca> writes:
> while I was under the car I took the opertunity to check all the
> fluids and came across an interesting discovery, I removed the
> dipstick for the gear box and looked at the fluid. It was a clear
> straw color and smelled funny, I beleve it is automatic transmisson
> fluid, any thoughs? and would this hurt the transmisson?

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///