mgs

Re: Midget not starting..

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Midget not starting..
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 13:23:30 -0600
Carter:

<<<snip>>>
I can put the key in and when I crank it the dash lights come on,
so I know I still have a battery but it won't crank.  I doesn't
do anything???
<<<snip>>>

A little contradictory:

If the starter won't turn the engine then it's most likely a dead
battery which can caused by a non working charging system.

Do You have a battery charger?  If so, put it on and let it
charge for about 10 hours and then try starting again.  If the
car starts, then the battery is discharged and either it or the
charging system needs attention.

Don't have a battery charger?  Try jump starting with cables.  IF
it starts, then the battery and the charging system need
attention.

Don't have a jumper cables.  Go to a automotive supply house and
get a battery hydometer.  A cheap one with little balls in it
will do.  You test the battery like you would test the antifreeze
in the radiator.  If hydrometer says the battery is discharged,
again it could be the battery has outlived its usefullness, or
the charging system isn't functioning.

Blake

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list