mgs

Re: Windshield (screen?)Removal

To: Mark and kathy LaPierre <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Windshield (screen?)Removal
From: Stan VanPelt II <stanvanpeltii@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 23:19:17 -0700 (PDT)
Hey folks,

Stan, the new guy here, with the progect car that
threatens to enpty not only my wallet, but my bank
account too, thanks you all for your replies.  A lot
of you sugjested I get a book, it's on order, has
been, but I wanted to see the damage behind the wing,
now.

The good news, I got the wing off yesterday! Found the
bolts to remove the windshield and it popped off like
it was meant too.  The bad news, the lower wing is
mostly bondo, they even had a sheetrock screw helping
to hold it together!  Behind the wing is only one
hole, on a panel that Moss nor Vict. British can
supply.  I think I can fabricate something.

A lot of you sugjested I take my time for best
results, but I am on a time line.  I have given myself
only 3 years to complete this project, or I'm giving
up!  That was a joke!

Is this web ring a good source for hard to find parts?
 The books seem to have almost everthing, some of it's
a bit pricey though.

I sure you'll be hearing from me soon, as I continue
to tear the MG down to size.

Again, thanks,

Stan

--- Mark and kathy LaPierre
<mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net> wrote:

> Welcome Stan,
>      Wish I had good news to start your long journey
> into MGB hood but I
> don't.  Yes the windshield must be removed. Two
> bolts for each leg of the
> windshield and the two small bolts holding the
> tension bar in the middle of
> the unit attached to the dash. Don't forget the 3 to
> 4 bolts behind the
> interior kick panels that hold part of the fender to
> the body. Suggest
> getting a Haynes MG repair manual to help.  These
> are laid out very nicely.
> Most of us have a variety of different manuals to
> help us through this
> hobby.  Also a Moss motors parts book will help to
> see how areas are laid
> out.  Take your time and you'll be proud of the
> final results. There is no
> fast way to restore any car and your patience will
> dictate the final
> results.           Good Luck and stay tuned,    Mark

http://personals.yahoo.com

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///