mgs

Rear Muffler Bracket & Supports

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear Muffler Bracket & Supports
From: Eugene Balinski <eugeneb@nni.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 23:36:59 -0300
Listers,

   The rubber supports on the rear muffler/tail pipe support
have separated. I removed the old ones and got ready to install
the new ones that came with the kit.  I niticed that there
are 4 fiber washers apparently to keep the heat from the
rubber.  The old installation had 6.  Both Moss and VB call
for 4 and the drawings in the catalogs are not clear.

   Could someone with a late B please take a quick look at their
tail pipe support assembly and tell me the order of all of the
washers (split, fender, and fiber) with respect to the brackets -
i.e. which side does the fiber washer go and where are the
flat washers with respect to them.  I know that this trivial
with respect to most things on te list, but it is driving
me nuts!

   Thanks very very much in advance,

      Gene
         80 B