mgs

Re:rolling the rear flange

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:rolling the rear flange
From: Mowog1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 00:31:06 EDT
In a message dated 5/18/01 8:29:10 PM Central Daylight Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> I need to increase the clearance between my rear fender and the rear tire so
> I can run the western alloys that I bought.  Who has done the ball bat
> trick??  I want to try it and roll the inner flange on the rear fender ('74
> 'BGT running Dunlop SP20's).  Do I cut the flange first before I roll it
> with the ball bat?  I remember reading a while back that you incrementally
> use the larger part of the bat so you roll it a little each time.  What else
> do I need to know??

I, too, would be curious here....my body man was hesitant to do so on my MGC
for fear of cracking he paint....but admitted that it is a trick that he has
used numerous times...BEFORE applying a final coat..

The differential has shifted on my C to the passenger side...I run 195R65x15"
on Minilytes...I can no longer read "Goodyear Eagle" on the passenger (right)
side.

Plus...my current project is a B/GT V8 ... I am REALLY curious as to the
maximum width/heighth for the rears (as well as the fronts) would be
...(Note...Due to my choice of differentials/brakes, I will be using a 15"
wheel on all four corners.)

Just remember...

IF YOU DRIVE IT, YOU WILL HAVE FUN!!!

Cheers...