mgs

Re: she lives again! (or: yes, SU's really are worth it)

To: "Aaron Whiteman" <aaronw@wsu.edu>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: she lives again! (or: yes, SU's really are worth it)
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 12:17:06 -0000
As soon as emission controls started the engine, distributor and carb specs
started changing which had a progressively worse effect on performance and
economy.  The latest non-emissions set up is probably the best - and the UK
didn't get them until 1975.  Putting earlier carb/distributor with later
engine may not give the best results and could possibly worsen them.
Electronic ignition will do nothing in respect of dizzie curves.  In my
experience almost anyone with a distributor to sell will tell you it is the
best one for your car - always ask what the curve is and how it compares to
the original.

You can see the original curves on the web site below - select 'Spanners'
and 'Dizzie Curves'.

PaulH
http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk