mgs

Re: another BGT bites the dust

To: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: another BGT bites the dust
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 18:42:03 -0700 (PDT)
David, sorry to hear about this but assume your son is okay....

Re: establishing value - I would not think that offering prices would be
an accepted barometer of value to an insurance company - you would
probably need to find 'comps' similar to when you're selling your home. Of
course, finding comps is tricky because of varying conditions.... However,
I know some of the classic car insurance companies have tables that say
for a particular car in a particular condition (1 thru 5), a "normal"
agreed vale is $XXXX... For example, my 76 MGB Tourer (which I rated as
between a 2 and a 3) has an agreed value of $5000. Unfortunately, I have
forgotten the definitions of the ratings! Although it sounds like your
would be more towards the 3 or lower end of the scale.

Seems to me we had a couple of folks in the insurance industry out there
(or was that in the archives?) as well as a couple of had the same
unfortunate circumstance as you.....

Best of luck....

=====
Dan DiBiase
Dayton, NJ
76 MGB Tourer Driver - Brooklands Green
66 Pull-handle MGB Tourer Project - faded Tartan Red
NAMGBR #5-2328