mgs

Re: : I smell GAS!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: : I smell GAS!
From: "Jesse Robinson" <jesserobinson2@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 17:36:12 GMT
Tim,

You might have something there.  I know that the smell is worse when the
tank is full AND I did notice some very slight wetness when I was looking
around down there BUT I didn't drive it around just idled!  Your theory fits
all my syptoms.  The only thing I couldn't figure on the absorption
cannistor/vapor theory was 'Why Now'?  I mean I have had my current
carb/emission removed/vapor separator plugged condition for many years and
no smell.  Why now?  Another thought, the gas tank has a few dents and
scraps getting over speed bumps... I wonder if that has cracked the top a
little, if there is rust, which I'm sure knowinf my car - rust bucket.  I'm
gunna check it out tonight.

Thanks,
Jesse
1970 MGB