mgs

Re: Haggerty CC Insurance Report

To: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Subject: Re: Haggerty CC Insurance Report
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@crab.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 13:58:44 -0400
At 11:09 AM 06/15/2000 -0600, you wrote:
>Well, I patiently waited before I called Hagerty since I figured a lot of
>listers would be calling in. Today, they told me flat out that because I
>intended to use my 67BGT for occasional errands and maybe driving to work
>as much as one or two days a week, that their insurance was not intended
>for this kind of usage.

The restrictions clearly say:
1) there should be a daily driver car
and in my discussions with a rep, I did not hear
2) any restriction on driving for pleasure.  Personally, I get
pleasure out of driving my B for occasional errands. Ran into (figuratively)
someone at the supermarket with his 72 Triumph spewing coolant and we had a
great and pleasurable conversation...and I still bought milk and bread and
a few other things.

On the other hand, I wouldn't drive my B into Camden, NJ, home of Cambell
Soup, poverty, and rather poor government (said with a wry expression on
my face).

Bill
'76B

So I eagerly await my $95 policy (same as Dan, see below) instead of $630
currently in force.