mgs

Re: Model versus Year

To: "Michael Lupynec" <mlupynec@globalserve.net>,
Subject: Re: Model versus Year
From: BMC <bmc-1@uswest.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 12:11:01 -0700
It my understanding from numerous Rover engineers that up until 1969 they
just built cars....... and sold them.   Model year was a US DOT requirement
for importation.  I have a 1959 built MGA thats registried at 1961, a 1960
Mini reg. as 1962 and a 1962 Mini reg as 1975. a 1969 Series IIA Land Rover
that is reg as 1969.
Everything else in the stable is matches the years and build dates....

Jon Nyhus