mgs

Virus Warning

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Virus Warning
From: "Simon Matthews" <simon_atwork@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 12:28:28 PDT
Why do people consider that this is a suitable forum to post emails about
computer viruses? I could warn you about hundreds of other risks your
families face every day, yet would be accused of posting off topic.

By the way, to avoid this and similar viruses, disable the binding of
NetBEUI over TCP/IP. That will make NetBeui packets (used for Windows file
and printer sharing) unroutable and hence make file shares invisible on the
internet.

Check out the following web site to test your system:
www.grc.com

Don't rely on anti-virus software -- rely on good judgement ("do I really
want to open and run this file attachment?"). Remember the anti-virus
software manufacturers can only react after the release of a new virus. Do
you want to take the risk of getting the virus before they have analyzed the
virus and posted an update?

Simon