mgs

Clutch woes

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch woes
From: "M. Edwin Vaughan" <edvaughan@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 16:40:31 -0500
Hello folks,

Well, I went to the auto parts store and picked up a rebuilt alternator.
On the way home I stopped by the bank. As I was exiting the drive-thru I
sort of lurched starting off, which I hardly ever do and then I noticed
that my clutch felt really odd. There is way too much free-play in the
pedal and the last bit of pedal travel actually disengages the clutch,
but now I feel like I need a hole in the foot well in order to get enough
travel to completely disengage the clutch! Can the wise list sages tell
me what has happened? Boy, and I was trying to save up for a new
camshaft, lifters, timing bits............

Edwin
'77 MGB

PS: I was mulling over naming my car after the X-Men character "Beast"
(they are both blue). Do ya'll think the car read my mind and got
upset??? <G>

"I try to think but nuthin' happens."
-- Curly Howard (the stooge)

The MG Filling Station