mgs

Re: MGB GT Tires

To: geoffeg@sloth.org
Subject: Re: MGB GT Tires
From: Pointparty@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 14:07:51 EST
Geoff:  I have the original paperwork and handbook for my 71 GT.  The
specified "tyre" size from the factory in 71 for the GT is 165SR-14.   Mine
came with this size made by Goodyear in Germany.

I use this same size today in an ordinary touring type radial which seems to
be commonly available at the local tire store. I inlate front to 30 and rear
to 32 psi.  My car is used as regualar driver in city and freeway conditions,
lightly loaded.  Obvoiusly, different driving conditions and use  would
impact a decision.
...mel