mgs

Re: Ignition HELP!

To: Dennis Berman <dberman@nortelnetworks.com>, mgs@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Ignition HELP!
From: Dan Dwelley <ddwelley@excite.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 07:48:08 -0800 (PST)
Dennis,

The ignition switch can be replaced very easily. Just remove the streering
column cover, you will see the switch location from the wires. on the bottom
of the switch is a small set screw, remove this. The switch will slide out
easily at this point. Unplug the switch connection from the main harness.
Buy a new switch and reverse the above directions.

Dan Dwelley
77 Midget
Alexandria, Va.

On Tue, 7 Mar 2000 09:26:28 -0600 (CST), Dennis Berman wrote:

>  Quick question...
>
>  '77 MGB
>
>  I recently lost half of my electricals. No fuel, tack, temp gauges.
>  No blinkers and (most importantly) no raido.
>
>  Its not the fuse box (too bad) and I have serious questions
>  about the ignition. I suspect that this is where the failure is.
>
>  My question to you MG Gurus is two fold:
>  1) is it difficult to replace the ignition (the key on the steering
>  column)?
>
>  2) are there any special tools required?
>

>  Greatly appreciate any comments and advice.
>
>  Thank you all.
>
>  Dennis Berman
>
>  dberman@nortelnetworks.com

Dan Dwelley