mgs

Re: early B's and air vents...? Careful w/ torch!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: early B's and air vents...? Careful w/ torch!
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 02:15:31 +0610
Ajhsys@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 2/20/00 10:43:37 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> paul.hunt1@virgin.net writes:
>
> << f you pull it out to the 'normal' maximum and peer under the dash
>    from the LHS with a torch you can see the arc and check whether it
>    has the extra segment with cut-out.  Watch out for any non-standard
>    wiring that may be in that area, and that goes for the usual two
>    open positions as well. >>
>
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
> For any listers and lurkers out there who are young, naive, and new to
> the ways of the British, a torch is called a flashlight in the USA.

Not being one who can let a chance to "bash a Septic" go by...

What you meant to say was "young, naive, and new to the ways of the
NON-NORTH AMERICAN".  Remember, for most of these terms it is the US
versus the rest of the world.  Yes, we call it a TORCH in Australia,
too.

Now the part I was worried about was "you can see the arc" because there
have been a number of times when I have fiddled around under the
dashboard and I have "seen the arc"... it is usually when a "hot" wire
comes off a switch and makes contact with a metal part of the dash or
body.

Pretty blue colours and not so pretty smoke!  Where's my fire
extinguisher?

Eric
'68MGB MkII