mgs

RE: Retro-fits

To: "Rick Roberts" <rrobertsmg@hotmail.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Retro-fits
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 20:32:50 -0700
If you're gonna to this, do the rears only.  Check Skye's
web site for easy (and cheap) do it yourself instructions
for the rear conversion.  http://www.mgb.bc.ca/

With most front tube shock conversions, the front lever
shocks since they are part of the suspension, will probably
remain in place.  So you really gain nothing.  The
conversion is more expensive than replacement of the lever
shocks, and you are increasing the weight of the supsension
components.  There really isn't a whole lot to gain.

If your present lever shocks are OK, don't do either
conversion.  The lever shocks are a fine shock, they're just
expensive.

Larry Hoy