mgs

Re: Imported British Autos

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Imported British Autos
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 14:40:48 -0800
Simca was a French marque, bought by Chrysler and operated by them as a
European subsidiary (I'm looking at a picture of the 1957 Simca Aronde
Grand Large -- it has a 1300 engine, which gives you an idea of how
"large" it really was!). I remember Plymouth having 2 captive imports at
one time, the Cricket and the Arrow. Later they added a Champ and a
Sapporo.

Looking it up, I see the Cricket was a badge-engineered Hillman Avenger,
marketed from 1971-73. The others were Mitsubishis.

rsexson@excite.com had this to say:

--

Max Heim