mgs

Re: Leaded/Unleaded

To: "Harvinder Azad" <harv_azad@hotmail.com>, <tdelve@mathworks.com>,
Subject: Re: Leaded/Unleaded
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 08:06:35 -0800
Reference your comment number (2), an additive that increases octane (and
these do, indeed, exist) will have no beneficial effect on the unleaded
problem. If one does not want to have the head modified with hard exhaust
valve seats (to prevent valve seat recession, the major problem caused by
the use of unleaded fuel), one must use an additive that contains a lead
substitute - and which has no bearing whatsoever on the octane level of the
resultant fuel mix.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center