mgs

RE: What causes "shutoff shudder"?

To: "Skye Poier" <skye@ffwd.com>
Subject: RE: What causes "shutoff shudder"?
From: "Steve Conley" <swconley@foxinternet.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 22:37:07 -0800
The '73-80 models of B have the anti-run on valve. When you (not you Skye!)
turn off the engine, you should hear an audible click from the valve
kicking-in. It is located on the passenger side of engine compartment by the
carbon cannister. My '76 had a short period where it would diesel a bit and
it went away as quickly and mysteriously as it appeared. I just shrugged my
shoulders and didn't try to figure it out!

  Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys
to teenage boys. -(PJ O'Rourke)

Steve Conley
Marysville, WA  USA
'76 MGB Roadster