mgs

Ring job on 78 B

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Ring job on 78 B
From: BOB HILL <oldcars@newt.vallnet.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 07:05:49 -0500 (CDT)
I am looking at a 78 MGB and interested in purchasing the car.  The car is
a very nice driver with good paint, almost perfect interior, all
electricals work great and no rust.  THe problem with the car is that the
owner says it uses about a quart ot 2 quarts of oil every 1000 miles.
While there is no noticable smoking, obviously this oil consumption is WAY
high.  FIgured it would need rings and probably with 105k miles, might
replace the main bearing as well.  THe question I have is does any one
have a ball part figure of what this would cost (parts and labor)?  THe
gentleman hinted that he woudl take $2000 cash for the car and it sounds
like a good deal IF the engine repairs are not excessive.

Also, if anyone know where there is a rubber bumpered MGB that is a nice
driver, please let me know.  Prefer in the southeast but would travel for
the right B.

Thanks

Bob