mgs

RE: Should I rebuild?

To: Tony Woodruff <tonyw@mailmedia.com>
Subject: RE: Should I rebuild?
From: Thomas Pokrefke <pokrefke@netdoor.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 13:13:51 -0500 (CDT)
Tony:

I had the same problem when I ran the Weber on my 1970 MGB.  The float
height is a crucial setting, as you can see by your off-idle
hesitation.  I forgot the exact setting (I think it's 51 mm), and my dog
ate the Haynes Carb Workbook.  Surely someone on here can look up the info
for you.

As far as Weber's vs SU's.  I bought a used Weber, put it in place of the
SU's, and took it off 6 months later.  The Weber requires no adjustment,
delivers close to the same mpg, but has less power (from my seat of
pants).  The SU's require maintenance, and have more power.

YMMV, but my car has SU's.

Thomas James Pokrefke, III
1970 MGB
pokrefke@ocean.st.usm.edu