mgs

Re: ARGH those Suburbans( Otherwise known as those damn four wheelsudiv

To: "Tab Julius" <tab@penworks.com>, <mkris@sprynet.com>,
Subject: Re: ARGH those Suburbans( Otherwise known as those damn four wheelsudivisions)
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 09:14:40 -0400
More than once in my time owning a Midget I have been stopped at a 0 mph
sign and had the driver of the van or truck behind me turn their lights
to just the parking lamps until traffic starts to flow again. Usually I
am on my way with a wave and a thank you.

Larry

At this exact moment in time 10/12/99 12:43, tab@penworks.com made the
profound statement:

>Actually what I find really annoying is the headlights.  My regular car is
>somewhat on the low side, and when everyone drove "cars", headlights did
>not interfere.  However now, with all the large Dodge RAM pickups and
>Cherokees and Broncos and every other car an SUV, driving at night is
>really hard on the eyes 'cause even low beams seem like brights when
>they're at the same height as my mirror.  And God forbid if they actually
>do have their high beams on - that's even worse.  But just the lows are
>deadly.
>
>- Tab
>
>At 11:07 AM 10/12/99 -0400, mkris@sprynet.com wrote:
>>How far is far enough behind with a LBC. When my windshield was hit, I was at
>>least a car lenght behind. My guess was that she was too busy on her cell
>phone
>>and couldn't control her turn with one hand, cutting the corner too hard,
>>kicking up the stones. Those subdivions are large trucks for living in a busy
>>sub-urban enviorment and IMHO, unnecessary. But what is worse is the animated
>>cell phone conversations that I see while driving. I cant understand how
>these
>>women can be in full control of thier trucks at 30=40 mph while on the
>>telephone.
>>      I wish I had gotten the license plate number, but by the time I noticed
>>the crack starting, I was already past the intersection and she was on her
>way.
>>Chris
>>77 mgb -- wounded

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.