mgs

Re: Repair Costs

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Repair Costs
From: Rafaela Bredow <gauloise@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 11:32:29 -0700
Joanna,

I absolutely agree with what you said about Gerald of Jim Griffin & Son,
San Bruno, CA. After somebody bumped into my GT last summer, I had the
fender repaired and painted there. The paint started coming off six
months later!
That's body work though -- perhaps he is better as a mechanic. At least
my car has been taken care of by Geralds father already for 28 years and
it's in the best shape you can imagine. When I bring it to John Art, my
new mechanic in San Francisco (John's Jaguar Service), to have it tuned
or just checked upon he always seems to be disappointed that he can't
write anything in that little box at the bottom of the repair invoice
that says "We recommend the following repairs"...

By the way, John seems to do a good work but he is really expensive!

Thanks for your putting up that list!
Take care
Rafaela

You wrote:
>Jim Griffin & Son, San Bruno, CA - I do not recommend at all.  The son,
>Gerald, was smart enough to avoid me at the Palo Alto show.  A great
>example
>of overcharging/misdiagnosing

        ___

'70 MGB GT