mgs

Re: stripping paint

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: stripping paint
From: steveb5815@juno.com
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 13:01:18 -0500
Andrew and List,
I have stripped a few cars with chemical stripper, including my '79 B.
While it is very messy and toxic, if you take the right precautions it
works well. I've found "Strip-eze" to be the best stuff available at Home
Depot or the hardware store. I have also used "aircraft" stripper from
the body shop supplier which also worked well. The best secret I have
found is to use a single sided razor blade in a scraper hold to remove
the softened paint. It really does a good job of getting under the paint
instead of sliding over it like a puty knife. Good luck. work one panel
at a time and you'll be done in no time (about a week).

Steve Bettencourt
http://clubs.hemmings.com/bmcne