mgs

Re: Listers at the Rocks

To: mgrick@ptd.net
Subject: Re: Listers at the Rocks
From: drded@ix.netcom.com
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 20:12:11 -0500 (CDT)
>Have to agree with all the other posters - as always the "Rocks" was
>a great show - the only thing missing was the Rolling Rock and Bass Ale
>on tap.  Ran into most, but apparently not all, the listers in
>attendance.
>
>Rick

Yes it was a great show and the absence of served beer made it even better.
Alcohol and cars do
not mix. Hey, if you want to pack a few cold ones in the cooler that's fine but
I don't think
that a club selling and endorsing the consumption of alcohol is a good thing. I
guess after
having to scrap and sweep up the aftermath a few too many accidents caused by
impaired drivers
my feelings may be stronger than most on this one. There is also a huge
liability issue here,
should an accident occur involving a show attendee, who consumed beer served at
an event. Enough
said on this and you don't want to get me started on cell phone use while
driving.

I'm looking ahead and forward to MGs at Mercer on Saturday in PA, Autojumble in
Westminter, VT
on the 10th of Oct. and to the NAMGBR's Annual General Meeting in St. Paul on
the 23rd. I'm
flying into St Paul on the 22nd and plan on having SEVERAL alcohlic beverages
during my stay.

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch