mgs

Re: oil leak

To: <Swkintx@aol.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: oil leak
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 19:32:52 -0400
Yes it does. Only thing is - it should not leak from there. If it does it
is too full.  It may tend to blow out there when running at speed and
then drip onto the ground. But not just leak.

When my rubber gasket disintegrated I made a new one from the black part
of a red heater hose. Took me about an hour the seperate the hose layers
into red and black and carefully cut a new gasket. using a pocket knife,
while sitting at a picnic table, in a campground, nearly 1000 miles from
home.

Larry

>i have a 79 midget. had the oil changed and now i have a new oil leak. it is
>not coming from the plug.i think it is coming from the dipstick. are you
>supposed to have a rubber gromet or gasket under the metal lip of the
>dipstick? thanks in advance.
>
>steve

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?