mgs

RE: Car show judging- Car show in Rosanky,TX

To: "Carl Elliott" <grunt2@adelphia.net>,
Subject: RE: Car show judging- Car show in Rosanky,TX
From: "Don Collins" <decolins@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 20:44:39 -0500
Well just to let u all know there is still some people with good taste out
there. =-) This past weekend I took the 70B to a car show here in Rosanky,
TX. There were allot of kits, modified, and original cars of all makes. 4
cars from the Austin MG club and 2 from the San Antonio club showed for this
show. In the Import category Roger Porches' MGTF won 2nd place. Tied with
the F was a beautiful 1980 MGB from SA. In third was myself. Now what makes
this nice is that the other car owners and spectators vote on their favorite
cars. Note that all of the MGs were driven in and not trailer queens. (even
though mine was almost trailered home.. ahh blew a brake line on the way
back.)

 Don't forget about the Texas All British Car Day next Sunday at Zilker Park
here in Austin. IF anyone needs directions just email offline and I will
forward them. (and there is nothing to do in central Texas....?)

 Oh yea, I joined the GT crowd officially last weekend. I finally found a
70BGT (new engine, no rust. Needs only paint and carpet) close to home. The
78B and 72BGT (parts car) are both going to good homes..

Don Collins
70B
70BGT