mgs

Re: Engine installation

To: Enrique Claure <spaninc@ceibo.entelnet.bo>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine installation
From: John Walker <john@rmartin.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 10:57:38 -0700
Bummer about your wheels. :(

1. You 'could' leave it like this but it would probably be better if it
were a little easier to move the car. IMHO
2. YES!  Installing or removing an engine without removing the hood would
be difficult at best.  Maybe even impossible?
3. YES!  Removing the radiator gives you a LOT more room to work with and
is definitely worth your while.

IMHO the hood and radiator are pretty easy to remove. Any hassle they give
you would likely be nothing compared to the hassle
of trying to install an engine without removing them.

At 12:09 PM 9/15/99 -0700, Enrique Claure wrote:
>Hi list, I was ready to put in my engine and tranny last sunday when I
>looked at my storage room and to my dismay 8 wheels and tires had been
>stolen. You can imagine how I freaked out. I called the Police (as if this
>ever helps!) and ley on my bed the rest of the day to cool down.
>
>Ive recoverd from the loss know and feel I will put in the engine this
>saturday. My questions are as follows:
>
>1. My car is on stands on all four. Should I leave it this way?
>2. Is it necessary to remove the hood?
>3. Is it necessary to remove the radiator? it is installed.
>
>Thanks for the help, Enrique

        John Walker
     john@rmartin.net
     drone@d23.com