mgs

Re: Shipping Car Parts

To: Mike Razor <mrazor@kih.net>
Subject: Re: Shipping Car Parts
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 11:29:42 -0500
Mike Razor wrote:

> Does anybody know a good cheap way to ship a fiberglass top?  I sold
> my MGA hardtop and UPS said it is to big for them to handle.
> Mailboxes ect... said the same thing.  Talked to a freight place and
> it may  cost as much as the top is worth (they are still figuring
> the cost).

I guess the next question is: from where to where?

Then have a look at what gets trucked the same general route by whom and
make some calls to local truckers and see if you can piggyback with one
of them.

I once got a FG Mini flip front from Quebec, Canada, to Oklahoma that
way. I had to drive about 50 miles east to meet the truck, but the
transaction was relatively painless. (Brought the front home tied to the
Mini roof.)

-Rock
--
Rocky, JJ Cale Band & Pratchett Books: http://www.rocky-frisco.com